Friday 7 March 2014

here we are

Does anyone else feel like they are still finding their feet, feeling like they are in a state of disbelief that this year has well and truly begun despite their current state of flux. I feel like I am still finding my feet for the year, there is not much rhythm yet plenty of things to do. I have reading on Tuesdays with Poe at school, a very early morning but totally amazing and mind-blowing (and body blowing) yoga once a week and around that everything seems to fill up around it.
Lately my photography and editing skills have had quite a stretch and my learning curve has taken a steep climb upwards, this kind of thing excites and scares me, it feels like the opening of an abyss, of all that I have yet to learn, partnered with the knowledge and affirmation that yes I do kind of know some things.
And here we are in March, March, the welcoming of cooler mornings, the hint of darker evenings and consistently glorious days, our garden patch has been neglected and overrun with weeds, delighting in rain, sun and neglectful holidays. The patch has been taunting me and daring me to take the task to hand, it has been heard, I will respond.
Ah late night ramblings.
Last weekend we made a little trip to Sydney, we travelled especially for a friend's very fun and glamorous 40th Black & Gold party. It was very special to be out with my lovely, all dressed up (yes a very attractive dog collar was involved), having numerous adult conversations and even at some points meeting lots of people I have never met before, we had a ball. The trip to Sydney was a perfect Sydney trip, delicious food (Mr Wong, what an experience), delightful and nourishing friends and a perfect little family catch up (my sister's birthday and my brother's return from a holiday in America). Short but perfect.
Okay, I have just looked through the photos and realised that Mr Wong needed far more than the above mention. Our experience at Mr Wong's went above and beyond mind blowing food, it was a delight, a fantastical experience that somehow garnered street dancing, eye gaping, pole swinging, brick climbing, interior designing and so much pure joy. Maybe it was the buzz of the city, maybe it was the joy of being with such treasured friends, maybe it was the drizzling day or the crazy fun bus trip, who knows but oh my it was an experience that will stay in our hearts for a long time. Thank you, Jen, Rod, Lily and Saul. xxx



6 comments :

  1. I spy my friend Manu! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I was actually looking at your blog the other day, sure that we must have someone in common and that someone is no other than my very beautiful (and extremely well connected) brother!, gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. I can't even imagine going out with N by ourselves! I really miss doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely, it was so special and lovely to reconnect with Scott in that way, to dance on the dance floor together, to meet new people separately (people who weren't connected to our children), it was lovely, fun and special. xxx

      Delete
  3. love these photos. you've created a mood so perfectly. sigh, sometimes i miss the grit of sydney. the romance of wandering streets late at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely one, ah yes, the romance and the grit, definitely makes for some beautiful light. xxx

      Delete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx