Monday 17 February 2014

slowing down

We have really been enjoying the rhythm and the routine that has fallen back into place since Poe started back at school, even though we have had a few things on it feels like we have exhaled after such a wonderful and eventful holiday season. It feels really nice. Which kind of also explains my lack of blog time, being away from the computer and yes away from the camera is just what I need right now. It has given me some space to toy with some ideas for the year ahead; less market time, more sewing, a photography website and as Scott prepares to start recording his next album, cd cover ideas and film clip brainstorming has been flitting about my brain.

When I do sit in front of the computer, I don't tend to wander too far but it is beautiful looking about at my lovely blogging community and seeing all the wonderful and positive things folk are doing, folk who have made changes in the direction of their blogs, like here, or others who are doing big and exciting things like here and here, or just those ones who keep getting more passionate and more inspiring in everything they are doing, like here.

So although I haven't much recent goings on to share, I thought I would share some of the crafty and delicious goodness that we got into before Christmas.
The above Chocolate Almond Bark was absolutely delicious, it lasted a good while in the fridge but was so wonderfully moreish, a great treat to share with friends.
This is the necklace I made for Jen for Christmas, it looked so gorgeous on and was great fun to make.
 Poe designed and wove the above bag for Saul and drilled the necklace for Lily, although there were long moments of distraction, he was so proud of his finished products, as were Lily and Saul.
And Ilo chose to make some gorgeous little worry dolls for Lily and Saul.

11 comments :

  1. Thank you sweet friend for the mention here. I did giggle when I clicked through to see the big and exciting things to find my how to make rice paper rolls :) there are indeed many big and exciting thing brewing here in particular our road trip in May! The main thing on my mind right now though is finishing off my preparation for the Blogging for Beginners workshop I am hosting at the local community centre!! Much love to all of you xx looking forward to your photography site very much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes that is very amusing, should have linked to that post about your e-book and adventures in whole food step by step. I too am so excited and inspired by your road trip, yippee. Oh and your blogging for beginners, go you. Big love to you my dear. xxx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this blog what are the names of your hubbies albums as I would liked to have a listen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, Scott's band is The Mid North and their album (they only have one out so far) is called 'You were right about the stars', you can listen here: http://themidnorth.bandcamp.com. xxx j

      Delete
  3. Yum! That chocolate bark looks amazing and is so aptly named. What creative and lovely gifts! Love seeing these pics. Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, didn't you get any? Must remedy that as soon as possible. xxx

      Delete
  4. We LOVE our gifts and we love thinking of their makers as we wear/play with them. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace! I want it!!! Just stopped by for the big everycoupleofmonths catch up on your blog beautiful woman :-). So lovely to see all is well in your world. How are those ideas for the year ahead coming along? If there's any more necklace making to be had I'll have to put in an order! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hello gorgeous Lou, so nice to see you here. So happy you liked the necklace, it was a lot of fun making. Will definitely let you know when I make more. Big love to you and all your gorgeous ones. Mwah

      Delete
  6. Hello Jay - prabs loves the purse and the pencil necklace. she was wondering if she can order with a purple,orange and green pencil.

    love from penang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello from Bellingen. How are you all? I will get my little elf working on one of those necklaces for you Prab. I am so happy Manu and Bobby are heading over soon. Love you all very much.
      jay + scott + poe + ilo

      Delete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx