Tuesday 8 October 2013

Happy Birthday beautiful

Oh beautiful darling Poe, happy happy birthday my dear dear one. I love the delight that you share, the wonder in your eyes and your kindness, humour and caring nature. As you turn seven, you have just lost your first two teeth (the last in your class which made it all the more exciting), you love riding your bike everywhere, playing with Ilo and Lara always and you delight in some 'out of this world' awesomely colourful outfits, you sure have style. I love the way in which you view the world, your considerations and worldly pondering, your delight in word play and absolute love in exploring the world around you. Your wonderful (and at times challenging) sensitive side is still present but the way you move through things is something to aspire towards. 
Happy Birthday darling one, I am so glad you had an absolutely wonderful time, surrounded by so many who love and delight in you. 
To celebrate turning seven Poe decided upon a Gnome party and what a great party theme it was. There were a whole lot of fake beards, belts, vests and pointy hats. We played bobbing for apples (oh my goodness, seriously, how hard is it? I tried and failed, a sodden mess), pin the beard on the gnome (thanks to my sister for the amazing artwork) and how to eat a pineapple ring off a piece of string without using your hands, hmmm, not sure if that is the official name but you get the idea.
One of my most favourite things about the party happened a few days prior when my parents arrived, my dad unveiled not one, not two but seven paper mache mushrooms and two gnome houses that he had made, yes, he made them and painted them. We were all awestruck by their beauty and the effort that my dad put in. Oh my goodness, even now I can't but help gaze at them and feel oh so happy. Thank you Phil, you are amazing (Mum, you know you are amazing too. xxx)


Hmm, I'm not really much of a baker or decorator for that matter but Poe was happy with this little gnomey cake, complete with green spirulina 'grass', cacao and coconut oil 'pebbles', real mushrooms with some cream and little bits of chopped up strawberries and a divine icing made out of avocado, honey and cacao, unfortunately due to a temperamental oven and a chef with only one eye on the ball, the cake was a bit umm dry, hmmm, it was eaten though.

8 comments :

  1. What an awesome party! And happy birthday to little Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday beautiful Poe a sweeter gentler face I never did see captured in that first photo. This party looked like too much fun! Love the apple bobbing and pineapple eating - better than donuts! Your cake looks gorgeous. Dry chocolate cake it is the bane of my baking career, taking it out of the oven at just the right time is of course key and of course lots of butter in the recipe :) Happy birthday love to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous one (and thanks for the baking tip, hmmm must concentrate more me thinks), much love jay

      Delete
  3. Seriously. That birthday cake is a masterpiece. It's inspired beyond words. Now I'm going back to look at your photos again, because the whole gnome thing just has me grinning from ear to ear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i can just imagine that grin! thanks for your kind words about the cake, .... xxxx

      Delete
  4. This entry made my heart buzz. Beautiful look into a beautiful world! I am twenty seven and I would love a gnome party! Well captured to say the very least. The shots of all those mouths working for a bite of pineapple ring were a real delight. C'est bon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margot, thank you for your gorgeous words, oh yes, imagine an adults gnome party, what a delight. so glad you liked the post.

      Delete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx