Sunday 22 July 2012

a sign of spring


When my Mum was up last she gifted me with a preciously beautiful tablecloth, made out of a crumply soft linen and embroidered with these bright daffodils, as soon as I caught sight of it I could feel my neck start to spasm and my left eye twitch, I couldn't wait to create. Inspired by Annie's amazing boleros and an old silk top of mine I made this little number. Yes it is rainy and grey today and only a very lovely fool would wear such a thing today but we have been surrounded in days of loveliness and this works so well with all matter of sleeve. I also plan to make a few similar tops patched together with doily and lace, I can see it in my mind, hopefully the vision will be as pretty. 

Thanks to Anne, this little number has now been spoken for.

5 comments :

  1. Oh my how gorgeous is that?! Are you selling that one? There may be a bidding war! xx
    ps love the sound of Poe's culinary talents too, especially the citrus, cinnamon, acv drink I'll be trying that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty top and definitely makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, you lovely ones, i am a bit in love with it too. Nikki, yes i am selling it (against Woo's advice), have also had an email from another reader about it, you may be right, there may indeed be a bidding war. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that lucky buyer - I may just get to see it in person :-)

    Totally gorgeous - I'd love to watch you transform a table cloth. Just amazing.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very pretty indeed!!! You are a clever one!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx