Thursday 31 May 2012

get your goat on

 These are the three pieces I have been working on for this Fridays exhibition at the Everything That's Beautiful Gallery in town. Unfortunately this will be the last exhibition at the gallery as it is closing but Alex is thinking about doing pop up exhibitions at the Workshop space. The first image is of Pan, the goat god, I have a fondess for Pan, originating from one of my most favourite books ever, Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins, there is a little nod to the book in the piece. Pan in the book, is depicted as such a cheeky, raunchy, stinky yet lonely character, trying to keep myths alive in the modern day.
I love the process of embroidering. I usually sketch some ideas in my book and then stitch freehand, going with what feels right, waiting to see what or who emerges.

Now a bit more eye candy, this beautiful clip from this gorgeous blog, is just captivating (be warned you might shed a tear or two, I did). It made me feel like getting married again (to Scott of course) or just having a gorgeous loved up love fest party.Oh and it includes one of my most favourite songs (Blood by the Middle East). Ahhhh, enjoy.

3 comments :

  1. wow... that is spectacular. makes me wantto jump for joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Imogen, it was very hard parting with Pan.

      Delete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx