Thursday 3 November 2011

craftiness

dear friends, Edie and Poe
Amidst all the galavanting up mountainsides, down river beds and into bluegrass, I have managed to squeeze just a little crafting in. For our dear friend Edie, who is such a kind, funny, sensitive and fun friend I made this top. Designed to keep Edie's very special arms out of the sun. For the past three years I have been making a top similar to this for Edie and it is always lots of fun to do. Edie, I hope you love this year's version. 



Packed safely next to Edie's top was Ruth's headpiece order. Thanks Ruth, hope you and those five heads love them.


And then I started on some Christmas crafting, oh yes, and it has been really successful and lots of fun. I do however miss my crafty partners in crime.


Oh but I did manage one craft night with the lovely Kelly, who brought along her spinning wheel, she was spinning wool from her Angora rabbit, pretty awesome I say. We also drank tea, ate cake, consumed some delicious homemade rose wine jelly (thanks Kelly) and had some really lovely chats, oh so nourishing. I hope we can make it a regular event. 


Weave is starting to run a craft-in every month on a Saturday afternoon with chai, cake and conversation, so hopefully I will find some more crafty friends.

2 comments :

  1. Oooh, crafting goodness! Way cool, love those headbands too Miss Crafty, you are amazing. You are going to knock the socks off those Weave types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks to you sweetchops for your beautiful Edie original. She was pleased as punch, and quite overwhelmed by your lovely post. I particularly love the homage to the last two years' creations in the hemming.

    I'll be sure to send some pics of the far flung heads (Tasmania! Ireland!) lucky enough to be sporting your craftiness in the new year.

    x

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx