Tuesday 15 November 2011

added extras

I forgot to add a couple of things to my post yesterday. Firstly a couple of weeks ago, around the time of Poe and my birthdays we received a package from our lovely friends Gary, Sarah, Stella and Mira. Stella made a fairy/santa attractor for Poe to hang above his bed and I received a book and this amazing parcel.

Someone had obviously put a lot of time and effort into starting this patchwork quilt but never actually got around to completing it, Sarah spied it in an op shop and thought of me, thank you so much Sarah. I actually don't know exactly what to do with it yet, but I do have some ideas.

Scott created this beautiful sculpture that now adorns Poe's bedroom wall. I love looking at it so much and really enjoy it as it is, but am sorely tempted to weave some embroidery thread around some of the sticks.

I know that I should be cleaning, packing and cooking for our car trip but I threw caution to the wind and whipped up these shorts for Ilo, here he is with his most favoured smiling face and doing a John Johnson pose, a hilarious performer we saw at Peats Ridge Festival last year.


Photo from Peats Ridge Festival

Speaking of Peats Ridge, there is a crowd shot from the 2010 festival that is being used to promote this years festival online, if you look closely you can see Poe on Scott's shoulders watching Washington. Poe has headphones on and a panda face.

3 comments :

  1. *pout* can't see the first two photos but would love to - a sculpture? awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, i wonder why you can't see them. is it me or you?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see them! That twig sculpture is gorgeous. Leave it alone, I'm sure embroidery thread would look amazing but it looks amazing as is! I love love love your new top in last post too. Far too much creativity going on in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx